Dr. James J. McKenna, PhD, director of the Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory at the University of Notre Dame shares:
– the science and history of co-sleeping,
– the need to define the terminology
– why public policy is based on social norms instead of science,
– why public policy is unethical, as it withholds information about cosleeping
– WHY THIS IS ALL GETTING READY TO CHANGE AS BREASTFEEDING RATES INCREASE
– and how parents can become empowered and stand up for what is essentially a civil right: to make your conscious parenting choices according to science and not unethical public policy and uninformed social norms.
Lisa Reagan, interviewed Dr. McKenna at the More than LATCH conference in Chesapeake, Virginia.
Pathways to Family Wellness magazine is published by the ICPA, Inc. Find your local wellness community and visit the magazine at:http://www.pathwaystofamilywellness.org
Find your conscious parenting choices and your supportive local groups at http://www.pathwaystofamilywellness.org
For more information on co-sleeping, including a complete inventory of FAQs and articles, visit Dr. McKenna at the Mother-Baby Sleep Behaviorial Laboratory, University of Notre Dame, athttp://www.cosleeping.nd.edu
Learn more about the LATCH conference here:http://www.healthsourceforwomen.com/u…
Film videography by Keith Reagan, http://www.keithreagan.com